Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all Greyhound UK services. These may be changed at any time at our sole discretion and without prior notice.
- We'll send you an email confirmation (or a text message if you choose) and you must provide us with your booking confirmation number in order to board.
- If you have provided us with a mobile phone number and indicated your agreement to our contacting you, we may send you a text message with details of any service disruption information. Failure to provide Greyhound UK with reasonable contact information in the case of service disruptions will result in no refund being given.
- Smoking is prohibited aboard the vehicle in accordance with UK legislation.
- Only recognised assistance animals will be permitted to travel with the passenger at no additional charge.
- Greyhound UK will not be liable for delays caused by accidents, breakdowns, road conditions, weather and other conditions, and does not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any point as a specific time.
- Greyhound UK reserves full control and discretion as to the seating of passengers and the right to change such seating at any time during the trip.
- It is a condition of travelling with Greyhound UK that all persons aged 14 and above wear a seatbelt on our services, as required to do so by UK law.
- Greyhound UK reserves the right, when operating conditions require, to transfer passengers from one vehicle to another en route.
- Greyhound UK reserves the right to refuse to transport a person a) under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, b) who is incapable of taking care of him/herself, c) whose conduct is such or likely to be such as to make him or her objectionable to other passengers or prospective passenger. Such persons may be removed from the vehicle at such place along the route as the driver may select. Greyhound UK shall not provide any compensation for passengers so removed.
Reservations & Boarding
- In order to board your booked departure, you will need to provide a valid booking confirmation code. We reserve the right to refuse boarding to any individual unable to present a valid booking code.
- All bookings are only valid on for the date and schedule chosen and can not be changed after purchase.
- Bookings can not be changed after purchase.
- Ten minutes prior to departure we reserve the right to release your booked seat if you have not boarded and claimed your seat. We will then make all seats available to walk up customers.
- Bookings are offered based on a variety of ticket prices. A limited amount of seats may be available for any particular price, and Greyhound UK may limit such fares for any reason and at any time. A booking is confirmed only at sale—if the price has changed before sale the customer must reselect the fare available at that time. Any increase or decrease in fares following the sale will not be adjusted to the customer.
- Greyhound UK offers no special fares for infants, children, seniors, clergy, students, military personnel, or employees. All fares are kept as low as possible and as a result no discounting applies.
- Unaccompanied passengers must be 16 years of age of older. Proof of age my be requested.
- In case of disagreement between the passenger and the driver as to either the applicable ticket price, the passenger shall pay the amount demanded by the driver. Greyhound UK will consider any representations made by the customer to firstname.lastname@example.org to refund any overcharge.
- A booking fee may be applied at sale and dependent on the method used to make the booking.
Services Provided by Third Party Operators
- Greyhound UK cannot be held responsible for incidents beyond its control that affect the running of services such as inclement weather or environmental acts, security alerts, third party road accidents and delays or industrial action. In these circumstances, compensation or ticket exchanges will not be provided.
- Complaints or redress regarding specific issues relating to third party operators need to be sent directly to the company concerned.
- Greyhound UK assumes no liability of any kind for baggage.
- You are allowed two pieces of luggage under the coach and two small bags to carry on, e.g. one handbag and one backpack. Additional luggage will be carried strictly at the driver’s discretion.
- Drivers will load luggage into the baggage store under the coach. However, for health and safety reasons, we cannot ask our drivers to lift more than 20kgs. We strongly recommend you properly tag all bags and place your name, address and telephone number on the inside.
- Passengers are restricted to two (2) bags to be placed under the vehicle and two (2) carry on bags, such as a purse or backpack. A carry on bag should be small enough to fit into the overhead bins. We do not allow luggage in the aisle or in front of emergency exits.
- We do not allow the transport of any material that would be classified as a hazardous material. (Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, weapons, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials, noxious foodstuffs, poisons, radioactive materials, etc.)
- Each customer must retrieve his or her bags next to the bus at their final destination.
Promotions & Discounts
- Promotions are only available to registered users of www.greyhounduk.com and may only be redeemed on bookings made online.
- We reserve the right to restrict the number of times a promotional discount may be obtained by an individual as part of any specific promotion.
- Promotions may be restricted to certain departure or destination locations, and to certain departure times.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any promotion at any time, including before any published end date.
By signing up to receive Greyhound Rewards, you agree to the following rules:
- Members will be awarded one point for each trip booked online. An eligible round trip purchase earns two (2) points. Upon a set number of points as announced on the web site and subject to change, Customers will be awarded one or more rewards in their member account for use on the next booked Greyhound UK departure after the eligibility threshold is reached.
- Free tickets awarded will be the lowest priced of the tickets selected.
- Rewards earned or awarded have no cash value and are cannot be sold, purchased, or in anyway transferred. All transactions are subject to review and adjustment. Greyhound UK reserves the right to cancel a membership, reverse any awards, or void any tickets if a Member misuses or violates these rules.
- Rewards are not earned on telephone or retail bookings or bookings made using a promotional code.
- All reward trips are non-transferable and may be taken only on Greyhound UK services. Participation in Greyhound UK Rewards is for individuals. Children under the age of 18, corporations, and other entities are not eligible.
- Greyhound UK reserves the right to cancel the membership of any Member who has not earned any Points for at least eighteen consecutive months.
- Greyhound UK reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to credit points to the accounts of members it deems worthy or in need of a little point boost. This could be because of some type of service failure or just because we feel like it.
- All fees or taxes of any kind are the responsibility of the customer and must be paid for at the time of purchase.
- Greyhound UK reserves the right to amend, suspend, or terminate this Program at any time and may change the Rules at any time with or without notice to you.
Use of our website
You must be 16 years of age or over to make purchases. By using the site you confirm that you possess the legal authority to enter into the conditions of use, including instructing us to collect any payments from a credit or debit card, and to use this site in accordance with all its terms and conditions. You confirm that all information supplied by you in using this site is accurate and true.
Unlawful or prohibited use of our website
As a condition of your use of our services, you must agree not to use this web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
This web site is established by Greyhound UK Limited and in the event of any dispute, the parties shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
The information published on this web site is provided as a convenience to visitors and should be used for information purposes only. The information it contains is subject to change without notice. Whilst we use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information it contains is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. Neither Greyhound UK Limited, nor FirstGroup PLC, can therefore be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this web site. In addition, no warranty is given as to the freedom of this web site from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious code.
The entire contents of this web site are the property of FirstGroup PLC its subsidiaries or its third party licensors, and are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights.
Greyhound UK Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of FirstGroup PLC
Greyhound UK Limited
Registered in England No. 0693718
Registered Office: 50 Eastbourne Terrace, Paddington. London W2 6LX